Thankyou for visiting my blog "MOM spelled backwards is MOM"
here you will find crafts for all ages, recipes for all occasions, and just plain fun old bloggin' ...Feel free to leave questions & comments, and if you try one of my crafts/recipees i would love your feedback, even pictures to share! Please see the right side panel for a list of blog post catagories & my dated blog archive
-Amanda



Monday, February 13, 2012

30 days of NEW meals

For the entire month of March, Ive decided to try making 30 different meals daily.
For an extra twist I am also going to try NEW meals, new as in things I have never cooked before.

I would also like to try healthy or low-cal variations, I realize this wont be possible with every meal, but I plan on substituting ground turkey for ground beef, egg whites for eggs, and other small adjustments that can make a big difference in the final result. and of course, eatting smaller portions.

This is an experiment I've wanted to try for a long time. It will give my family the opportunity to try new things, that I"m hoping we will like. It will also give us a break from our same meal routines that seem to be on a never ending loop of pizza, chicken, pasta and take out.

I also plan to stay away from fast food of any kind, and frozen meals of any kind.
Hopefully this will give me a good kick in the pants as well, because there are soooo many days that I just opt for heating a frozen pizza or ready to bake meal. the ONLY frozen exception will be my own prepared freezer bags, which I plan to make about 5 of. these bags will consist of all the essential materials needed for a crock pot meal, meat/veggies etc, and they will just require me to add the water or broth at the time of cooking.

I plan on making a list of 30 unique meals that I have planned out. I wont get into specifics as to which day I will make what, but I will compile a list of meals and a bulk shopping list for what I plan to buy, and what meals I will prepare into bags etc.

I also plan to share how items will be stored. for example, if i buy a 12 pack of chicken breasts on sale, having 4 family members that one package of chicken would make 3 meals. I would not just toss the whole package into the freezer, but rather separate it into 3 ziplock bags. Possibly adding vegetables and seasons to one, for a crock pot meal later on. If you have a meal planned for those specific chickens, you can season the other bags as well, as they will marinade into the meats while frozen.

THANK YOU
for reading, and stay tunned to find my recipe list and shopping list soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment