Thankyou for visiting my blog "MOM spelled backwards is MOM"
here you will find crafts for all ages, recipes for all occasions, and just plain fun old bloggin' ...Feel free to leave questions & comments, and if you try one of my crafts/recipees i would love your feedback, even pictures to share! Please see the right side panel for a list of blog post catagories & my dated blog archive
-Amanda



Thursday, March 8, 2012

crock pot mac & cheese

This mac & cheese came out great! It was super easy.

I doubled the recipe, for a full pound instead of half pound of elbows, I doubled everything except the eggs.

It cooked to the top of the crockpot, being about half full with the parboiled & ingrediants. I'm sure you could even cook the elbows from dry & they would moisten up. I cooked on high for an hour, mixed, topped with cheese, and then on low. It only took about 2hrs on low for everything to get oft & melted but I left it on for 3 until dinner. (4 total)

About half was left over after dinner. The bottom inch or so is toss aways because it got a brownish burnt tint to it, didn't affect the taste of the whole dish but it didn't look as "yummy" as the rest.

This recipe will be used again ;)


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment