Thankyou for visiting my blog "MOM spelled backwards is MOM"
here you will find crafts for all ages, recipes for all occasions, and just plain fun old bloggin' ...Feel free to leave questions & comments, and if you try one of my crafts/recipees i would love your feedback, even pictures to share! Please see the right side panel for a list of blog post catagories & my dated blog archive
-Amanda



Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Candy Fishing Party Game-How to make, diy/miy

My daughter wanted a justin bieber, carnival themed party. The solution, justin bieber decorations with carnival style games.
One of the games we decided on was

CANDY FISHING.
The object of the game is to fish out a prize.
You will need:
Candy (or small prizes)
Tissue paper
Tape
String/ribbon
A box
A piece of wood or plastic for a stick. We used a old broom stick, broken in half.
Paper clips.
First, wrap each candy individually. I folded edges and bent packages that had extra room to make them all sort of the same size. I also divided the candies equally by color.
After the candies were wrapped I used tape to attach a ribbon loop to the top of the candy.
I used plain white tissue to cover an old box.(optional)
I taped an end of the tissue to each end of the broom stick then rolled it around and secured it with more tape. I also folded a sheet of cut tissue into a thin strip and rolled it in a spiral around the stick.
To make a hook I unbent 2 paper clips and taped them together.
I used a piece of string to attach the hook by threading threw a small gap I left at the top, then covering with tape.

For the confetti strips I placed 3 sheets of tissue together, rolled them into a log, and cut thin strips. Once opened up they made single stringy confetti. I did this to sort of camoflauge the candy strings to add a little more difficulty/fun for longer play.
The kids take turns by age or by random order, trying to fish out a treat, there prize? Whatever is in the tissue package they fish out.
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment