Thankyou for visiting my blog "MOM spelled backwards is MOM"
here you will find crafts for all ages, recipes for all occasions, and just plain fun old bloggin' ...Feel free to leave questions & comments, and if you try one of my crafts/recipees i would love your feedback, even pictures to share! Please see the right side panel for a list of blog post catagories & my dated blog archive
-Amanda



Wednesday, September 12, 2018

High risk. Medical issues. The real fun begins. #reignoftwins

For starters. My beginning symptoms were very intense. Everything was worse than any previous pregnancies.
Nausea. Vomitting. Hardly keeping anything down. Headaches. Heart burn, sleeplessness.
It finally broke around 15 weeks and slowed down.
But then the real fun began. Not.
By 20 weeks I was already having pelvic and hip pain, my pelvis had seperated early for delivery.

Symphysis pubis dysfunction

Just keeping up with the kids walking, and getting out of bed was difficult. Stairs. Forget it. I felt like I was being ripped in two and couldn't stand straight.
Then followed the back pain.
Next, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and needed daily injections of insulin, a diet plan, and a blood sugar monitor.
Then came cholestasis. My entire body became itchy.
I would scratch and scratch and make my skin raw.
I was prescribed ursodiol 3x daily to help the symptoms. Basically your liver doesn't process correctly and it slows down causing bile to enter your blood and cause itching and other complications. It can get very bad if left untreated, even life threatening. Just this condition alone also warrants early delivery because there is a still birth risk after 36 weeks. 
On top of those two, i also was diagnosed with preeclampsia. And I had high blood pressure and anxiety issues regarding all of it.
My stress level was too high. They wanted to hospitalize me...on top of the bed rest I was already on. By 31 weeks. I gave in and admitted myself.
From 32 weeks to 36 weeks I was admitted. My c section was scheduled for may 4th at 36 weeks.
I had daily monitoring for non stress tests every shift (3x daily) because baby B levi had decreased movements. I also had ultrasounds and bloodwork every other day to check for growth and to check my levels. I was also given two steroid injections to help their lungs grow.
The last few days my swelling and high blood pressures were so bad i was moved to restricted bed rest. No more walking for snacks or showering alone. And i had to wesr these massaging boots that pretty much tied me to my bed. I had this restriction lifted the day or two before my section, by promising i would limit my activity to bathroom and shower or sitting at my table instead of the bed. The thought of being tied down was too much for me. I was going crazy.
Eventually, when they were born at 36 weeks we were warned about them being too small and needing to stay in the nicu. To our surprise. Our baby A Lily was 6lbs 7oz and baby B Levi was 7lbs 6oz. Huge babies for preemie twins. 
They passed all of their screenings. Passed the carseat test and went home after just 3 days like a normal full term delivery.
All of my conditions magically resolved almost instantly

No comments:

Post a Comment