Thankyou for visiting my blog "MOM spelled backwards is MOM"
here you will find crafts for all ages, recipes for all occasions, and just plain fun old bloggin' ...Feel free to leave questions & comments, and if you try one of my crafts/recipees i would love your feedback, even pictures to share! Please see the right side panel for a list of blog post catagories & my dated blog archive
-Amanda



Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Baby shower planning #reignoftwins

From the suggestions I was receiving, I decided we did want to have a shower. Afterall. We would need twice the supplies and baby gear.
I'm pretty creative, so most decor and games were do-it-yourself diy themed. I wanted elephants and giraffes. Jungle animals. That works.
I decided instead of a diaper raffle, I would have multiple raffles. And let me tell you. best decision ever. My littles are now nearly 4 and a half months and I have not had to buy any, I repeat haven't needed to buy anything besides clothing (because they grow like weeds)
I invested about $80 into raffle prizes. I purchased multiple scratch tickets, gift cards and little nip and soda bundles. All about $5 each in value. I also threw in a few kids prizes.
The raffles we had were
Buy any large item- get 5 tickets
Buy any pack of diapers or wipes- get a ticket for each
Buy 3 or more bath items- get a ticket
Buy any present- get a ticket
And we pulled about 3 winners from each. The big item winner we had grouped 2-3 prizes together making it a $15 value.
We ended up with thousands of diapers and countless wipes. At this current time I still have probably 20+ unopened wipes. And at least 10 assorted baby wash/shampoo bottles.
The diapers we outgrew so fast i actually had to exchange size 1s for 2s and 3s and we still have at least 6 large boxes left.
Having twins I was so scared of the financial change. and just this raffle alone eased that hit substantially.
Then the gifts. Two of everything just as I requested.
I had done my research. While some babies may not like a swing, all of the twins groups said the same. Forget the space. Make life easier and get two of everything. There will be times where they both want to swing, or they both need to sit and bounce while you sleep. With the exception of a diaper bag and bath tub. We were gifted in pairs.
2 swings. 2 bouncers. 2 highchairs. 2 walkers.
Its a life saver. Most days are spent in the swings and bounce seats at this age. And if we only had one. I would have half the free hands I do now.
Even the two bumbo seats, they both sit to eat.
They have slight issues with allergies and coughing at night so we went from sharing a playpen to sleeping in the bounce seats for a few weeks when allergy season and cold season was bad.
I regret having less space but i love having the options and having two happy bouncing babies.
Now. Back to the shower.
For games. We had...
Taste the baby food. (An assortment of 8 or so foods to taste with a popsicle stick and write your guesses)
Guess the belly size. (String and scissors)
Smell the dirty diaper. (6 diapers with candy bars melted inside. I used a blow dryer to melt them)
price is right. (I made a poster board with 6 or so baby items attached, they had to guess the retail of each, closest to the total amount wins)
And family fued. ( in one of my groups, i asked questions such as "favorite nursery rhyme", "whats in your diaper bag" when i got 100 answers i took the top three answers from each and gave them a point of 1 2 3. The guests answered the same questions and were given point scores. Whoever scored highest wins.)
And lastly bingo. Fill your card with possible gifts and check them off as they are opened.
Yup..a lot of games. Thats just my style.
In the end, everyone had fun. Lots of games were played. Lots of prizes were given out. And we got a ton of what we needed. It was well worth all of the work and planning. And well worth the hall rental.
The $100 I spent on the hall, was paid off once we recieved 2 walkers or 2 high chairs.
The $100 on food was paid off with two playpens or two bounceys.
Nevermind the carseat. Stroller. Bumbo seats. Play mats. Clothing. Bedding. Toys. Bathing. Diapers. Etc.
We got thousands in gifts for about $350 invested in a shower.
The only thing I had to buy post shower?
A diaper bag and breast milk storage.
Everything else. Gifted.













No comments:

Post a Comment