Thankyou for visiting my blog "MOM spelled backwards is MOM"
here you will find crafts for all ages, recipes for all occasions, and just plain fun old bloggin' ...Feel free to leave questions & comments, and if you try one of my crafts/recipees i would love your feedback, even pictures to share! Please see the right side panel for a list of blog post catagories & my dated blog archive
-Amanda



Thursday, January 20, 2011

how to make a Cupcake tower for less then $5 (3-6 tiers)

The cupcake tower I made is 6 tiers, I plan on fitting between 50-60 cupcakes and then a small cake on the top tier.
I went without a base, as it will be more balanced being flat on the table. I used 6 circles for the tiers i aimed for 16, 14, 12, 10, 8 and 7 inch boards. But i did not measure, i just cut a large circle using a pizza pan as a guide, and then made 5 smaller circles. I used 2 foam poster boards which are $1 each at most stores. Sometimes 2/$1 at dollar tree stores.
For the centers I used 5 old can goods (apple sauce to b specific lol) leave the food in the cans as the weight will help sturdy the tower.
One at a time wrap your cans in white paper or the fabric/paper of your choice. You can also cover the boards but i chose not too.
Then using hot glue, glue one of your cans to the center of your largest circle.then glue the top of the can, and stick the next tier on, and continue up, for as many tiers as you would like, but i would not go over 6 tiers.
When you are finished stacking you may add ribbon or other decorations.
Enjoy! And if you make this tower please share thoughts and pictures!
Mine came out a little crooked because i miss aligned one can, but when viewing from another angle it will look straight.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment