Thankyou for visiting my blog "MOM spelled backwards is MOM"
here you will find crafts for all ages, recipes for all occasions, and just plain fun old bloggin' ...Feel free to leave questions & comments, and if you try one of my crafts/recipees i would love your feedback, even pictures to share! Please see the right side panel for a list of blog post catagories & my dated blog archive
-Amanda



Monday, December 30, 2013

Pregnancy ruins your body

Wrong.
Pregnancy does not ruin my body. Having a baby turned me into a canvas.

A walking show, of the life (lives) that I had the blessing of growing inside me. A feeling that some woman long for, but sadly will never know.

I may no longer be as skinny and flawless as I would like, however my faults are my achievements.

That extra 40lbs I carry around, after having three children and just not making it too that weightloss goal. The struggle to fit in exercise on top of having three children.

The inability to diet at the current given time, as I am providing for my 5month old, who has never had formula, and my higher calorie intake, while haulting my weight loss, provides her milk.

My wide hips that have moved to complete my childrens journey into this world. While they make it hard for pants shopping, they are a part of me.

The stretch marks that line not only my stomach, but other areas as well. A daily reminder that my body was a vessel to protect and nurture my children, and they are there to empower me with strength, a reminder- every stripe like a tiger, is worn with pride, and will always remind me to protect my young at all costs.

During pregnancy, their every movement & kick, every pain, and the endless nights of heartburn and indigestion. the promise to myself and realization to know that in the end, it would all be worth it. I know now each and every one of those pains was my heart growing larger to encompass an amount of love I could never imagine until I seen my children for the first time.

I may not have a super model figure, and the best selection of clothing.
My mornings are content with getting my children fed, bathed, and dressed. Buttons and bows and shoes. Then my morning is gone leaving this mommy to go out in sweatpants, a messy bun, and no makeup.
I'm comfortable and I'm happy.
A fine day of pampering would be nice, but I'm no longer self consummed in getting my hair, and nails done, or clothes shopping, and putting on makeup etc. Of course on occasion such as a holiday I may attempt to get fancy should time allow, but it no longer interests me in my daily life.
Perhaps when my children are grown, and have been raised to the fullest extent with all the luxuries and memories I can provide, then I can relax and have my hair done for her graduation, or my nails done for his wedding, as I sit back and watch what my years have accumulated too.

No comments:

Post a Comment