Thankyou for visiting my blog "MOM spelled backwards is MOM"
here you will find crafts for all ages, recipes for all occasions, and just plain fun old bloggin' ...Feel free to leave questions & comments, and if you try one of my crafts/recipees i would love your feedback, even pictures to share! Please see the right side panel for a list of blog post catagories & my dated blog archive
-Amanda



Saturday, January 14, 2012

Do it yourself zebra picture frame, light cover, wall borders.

You will need:
one roll of Zebra printed duct tape
FRAME: A picture frame, of any size
LIGHT SWITCH: any light switch covers or outlet covers
Sizzors

To start off decide your direction.
Take out your frame and remove your glass and cardboard sheets from the openings.
starting with the edges and working towards the center, cover each edge with one long strip. (either vertically or horizontally based on the direction you choose). continue to work towards the center, you may completely cover the openings or trim as you work. do not change direction.
If you do not wish to cover the openings (harder but saves material) simply cut a shorter strip, and fold the edges around threw the opening to the back.
If you cover the openings you will simply cut a slit where the openings are all the way to the edge of the openings and then fold the extra into the back of the frame.
You may overlap or trim the width for smaller sections.
In my case, I trimmed smaller sections for around the openings, and covered the sides and center with a long strip.
Place your glass and cardboard back inside,be sure to tuck any extra tape between your photo and cardboard so its not seen ;)
LIGHT SWITCH
You can also use the same techinque to cover a light switch or outlet cover ;)
in this case, I covered it horizontally. using two strips edge to edge I covered the top and middle, for the bottom I only needed a half a strip. I then cut a slit for the light switch and bent it backwards. the screws easily pushed right threw the duct tape. and it was ready for use.
ADDITIONAL DECORATIONS
Duct tape will also make a cute thin border around a room, or can easily add decoration to dressers etc.
With one roll of standard duct tape I was able to cover my frame, my light switch cover, a middle room border for a 12x12 room, and I had just enough left to make a small decoration on my door hanger. Tons of ZEBRA Decor for under $5.00. If I happen to pick up more I plan on doing my outlet covers and possibly some dicuts for my dressers.
addtionally I plan on making a zebra print lamp in the future, so check back soon for updates and a tutorial!

ENJOY!
and if you have your own tips or techiniques or you try the ones listed above, please be sure to share them with me! I love pictures and feedback!

finished frame with original package
empty frame with duct tape-materials
frame with strips of duct tape vertically
duct tape light switch, wall borders, embelishments
duct tape light switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment