Thankyou for visiting my blog "MOM spelled backwards is MOM"
here you will find crafts for all ages, recipes for all occasions, and just plain fun old bloggin' ...Feel free to leave questions & comments, and if you try one of my crafts/recipees i would love your feedback, even pictures to share! Please see the right side panel for a list of blog post catagories & my dated blog archive
-Amanda



Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Stuffed Porkchops

I was looking for ideas for stuffed porkchops...most of which included apples, mushrooms, or some type off odd and end that I'm not interested in trying. I'm all for apples, but in a pie where they belong, and not smothering my pork chops.
My second issue is we are not huge stuffing fans, mushy globs don't appeal to us, SO my thoughts on stuffing the sides, turned into layering on top.

For the actual recipe,
I decided to keep things simple.

I used
-1 large frying pan & 1 baking/casserole dish
-a box of stove top stuffing, I used turkey.
-4 porkchops (1 actually used 3 and a diced one because I didn't  have 4)
-A few tsps of oil
-salt, pepper, adobo (optional)
-1 jar of gravy, I had turkey on hand.
-1.5 cups of water (for stuffing)
-Diced onions (for stuffing)
-Diced peppers (for stuffing)
-other optional stuffing toppings such as diced celery, ground sausage, pork, etc.
** usually use celery & onions with ground sausage but because I didn't have any I decided to dice a piece of extra pork.

1.Warm your frying pan over medium heat with a few tsp of oil. Add in your diced vegetables and saute for a few minutes. Scoop out the veggies into a bowl leaving the oil in the pan. (This would be easier as a second step, i did it first so the flavor would cook into the pork chops when they brown next)

2.Season your pork chops on one side, and place them seasoned side down in your pan, then season the top. Allow them to brown on both sides. They wont cook through, just get a brown coating. They will cook in the oven.

3. Remove browned pork chops from the pan, add a slice to the center and place them in a lined or cooking sprayed baking dish.

4. Add your vegetables back into the same oil. Also add any extra meats or fillings at this time. I added diced pork during this step because I had a few extra cubes. I simply cut them into small onion dice size pieces with household sizzors or kitchen shears.
After any meats have cooked or warmed, add 1.5cups of water, and your bag of stuffing and mix it thoroughly. You do not need to add the butter, the oil replaces it.

5. Scoop round spoonfuls of stuffing onto the center if your chops, drizzle with gravy, and cook on 350 for about 45 minutes.

**I appologize if any photos are out of order mobil isnt the best version for posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment